* Investigative assistance for enforcement officers, detectives, and prosecutors
* Expert witness testimony
* Specialized training for enforcement, legal, medical, and mental health professionals
* Data requests based on a detailed proprietary database of more than 10,000 offenders and incidents worldwide
* Legislative assistance on new and revised laws
All services are provided pro bono; reimbursement for out of pocket expenses is expected.
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
• The effect of animal sex abuse on the criminal justice system (working title); accepted for publication in a special edition journal of Social Sciences: Human-Animal Interactions and Issues in Criminal Justice, Fall 2021
• A comparison of bestiality and sexual violence in England, Wales, and the United States - report coauthored with , submitted for publication to the UK Center for Animal Law, June 2021.
• Sexual deviance: sexual murder, serial cat killers, necrophilia, zoosadism, and bestiality - study planned with coauthor
I am a criminologist with a cross-discipline background in law, psychology, and education, specializing in deviant sexual behavior involving animals. As a criminologist, my focus is on people who commit crimes - why they do it, the impact of their criminal behavior on our societies, and how to prevent future offending through appropriate sentencing and treatment of offenders.
Since 2005 I have assisted in an untold number of investigations involving the sexual abuse of animals, worked with 22 states to create or improve laws prohibitng bestiality; conducted and published research findings in multiple journals; written countless articles and book chapters; and trained nearly 1,000 law enforcement officers, mental health professionals, and veterinarians on how to detect and investigate suspected incidences of animal sex abuse.
The work I do is a public service, primarily funded through grants and earned revenue from specialized training via Chandler Edwards, a 509(a)(2) organization. But I don't do this work alone. I often engage grad students, volunteers, trusted cybersleuths, and professionals in multiple disciplines to create and improve resources and maintain a comprehensive research library as well as an extensive proprietary database of offenders and incidents.
If I may be of help to you in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for visiting my website.